.NET Backend Engineer (C#) - remote from Europe, 100%, all genders
RemoteLisbon, Lisboa, PortugalEngineering
Hi, we are LimeFlight, the SaaS inflight logistics solution designed for airlines. With cutting-edge technology, LimeFlight enables airlines to contribute substantially to a zero-waste future by drastically reducing food waste, fuel consumption, and, most importantly, CO2 emissions. Our commitment to transforming the way aviation services are delivered is at the heart of everything we do.
We fully embrace the remote work culture and are 100% remote only.
We have an exciting opportunity for a software
developer to help build and shape our cloud platform solution
which includes the development of brand new as well as the enhancement of
existing backend code for the creation of new features while working in an agile development environment.
Reporting to the Software Engineering Manager, you will join a growing agile team including frontend developers, mobile app developers and designers. As a new team member, you will be responsible for the development and support of the backend which includes architectural and technical decision-making. You will be part and own the full development lifecycle from design through development and implementation and support.
Who we are looking for
- An ideal combination of education and experience. You have a university degree in Computer Science (or related field) and hands-on commercial software development expertise.
- You have 3+ years’ experience developing in the .NET technology stack using C#, Entity Framework and SQL (T-SQL), with a strong understanding of object-oriented development and enterprise design patterns and principles. You also have experience designing, developing, and utilizing RESTful APIs.
- You have experience with unit testing, automated testing, and TDD/BDD processes. You have an eye for the details others may miss, and you stand behind your code quality.
- A passion for working with the latest technology and continual learning. You are a challenge seeker who thrives in an innovative, agile environment.
- A winning communication style. You can explain technical requirements clearly to a nontechnical audience to ensure they understand even the most complicated solution or concept.
- Very good spoken and written communication skills in English
- Experience with Azure cloud services, Azure Resource Manager, Monitor, Alerts, Security Centre, GitHub Actions
- A set of bonus skills, including experience:
- With message queueing protocols.
- Working with Docker containerization.
Our backend software stack consists of:
- C#, .NET Core 6.0, Angular 16
- Visual Studio 2022
- Visual Studio Team Services
- EF Core 6
- SQL Server 2022+
- Docker for Windows
- Github and Jira
- Hosted on Azure
What do we offer
- Remote only: You will be working remotely permanently. We fully embrace the remote working culture and the whole company is working in a distributed asynchronous fashion.
- Full-time direct employment contract: through remote.com, we cannot do B2B contracts and we don't hire outside of Europe.
- International flair: For us, it’s normal to travel to meet customers and work with very cross-cultural international teams across the globe. This is an essential part of the airline industry, we live and embrace this mindset and culture.
- Awesome team events: We organize regular team retreats to foster our team spirit. The whole team meets in a location (e.g. last event was in Vienna) and spends multiple days together with fun activities (bouldering, VR gaming, solving escape rooms, etc.).
- Purpose: Our vision is to accelerate the transition into a zero-waste future for airlines. We are not here to take part, we want to take over and you will be an essential part of our mission!
- Impact and scale: In our SaaS software we manage more than 100 million passengers a year, thousands of flights per day, and thousands of users in every possible time zone. Small changes in our mission-critical software can have a huge global impact.
- Hands-on mentality: You will get your hands dirty very quickly and you will be active in projects in your first week. We want you to take responsibility and ownership very early on to make an impact.
If you're passionate about aviation, technology, and the pursuit of progress, LimeFlight is the place for you. We invite you to join our team of forward-thinkers and industry trailblazers who are working together to shape the future of aviation.
Please note that all candidates are subject to a background check as part of our standard hiring process.
Stay connected with us to discover more about our vibrant work culture and exciting opportunities at career.limeflight